Monday, November 10, 2008

Sir William the Teether is actually Sir William with the Infected Ears

Ha, so I'm the worst parent ever. Well, probably not EVER, I mean what about that woman that drowned her children in Texas? That was pretty bad parenting. Still, I'm not the best. Apparently what I was passing off as teething was actually an ear infection. This poor kid, born to lazy parents. It's a shame, really.

So the elusive Dr. B (our pediatrician) gave us some antibiotics that have made him feel 100% better, but the lovely side effects are killing me. Here's a warning: antibiotics = most disgusting diaper changes of your life. Dear. God. Thank GOD there's only 5 more days to go on these drugs because wow.

Anyway, not a whole lot else to report these days. My great-grandma isn't doing well right now. We're planning a 95th birthday shindig for her on the 22nd, but hospice is being called in so I'm not sure she's going to make it to that birthday. She's led quite a life and she's been pretty out of it for a while now, so hopefully she'll go peacefully. That's all I can hope for now. Please keep her in your prayers.

No comments: