Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sir William the Teether

William is 8 months old. Practically a grown-up, really. At least he seems to think so. He's a pretty independent little guy for someone who can't dress himself, feed himself, or go poopy in the big boy toilet. So it's been interesting these last few days since he's been, what I assume to be, teething. He's very needy and wants to be cuddled constantly. Now, I am not complaining. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a cuddler. I prefer spooning, really, but that's a topic for another day. So while I love that my son wants my constant attention and I am getting the opportunity to dote on him and baby him, I hate that his pain and discomfort is what's bringing on this change. It's frustrating to see him hurting and not be able to just wave a wand (yes, I would love a wand) and fix it for him. I feel very helpless and I hate that feeling.

Teething must be one of God's little jokes. Why would he make teething hurt? Who would want to hurt a baby? I mean, seriously. What's next, strangle some puppies for fun? Honestly!

No comments: